This holiday season, WESTconsin Credit Union offices will again be decorating trees in their lobbies with donated mittens, gloves, hats and scarfs as part of The Mitten Tree campaign. The goal of The Mitten Tree is to provide cold weather-wear accessories to those in need as we head into the winter season’s sub-zero temperatures. Last year, the credit union collected over 2,700 items for this cause.
The project runs Monday, November 17 through Saturday, December 6. Those who have items to donate may do so by dropping them off at any WESTconsin location during regular office hours. Acceptable items include new mittens, gloves, hats, scarfs and earmuffs; please no previously used ones. They can be handmade or store purchased, and suitable for all age groups. When donated, the items will be proudly displayed on The Mitten Tree. Local distribution will take place prior to the holidays thanks to the following community partners:
- Amery Office | Operation Christmas and the Amery School District
- Baldwin Office | St. Croix Valley Family Resource Center
- Barron Office | Gift from the Heart
- Eau Claire Office | Bolton Refuge House
- Hudson Office | Operation Help
- Menomonie Offices | Dunn County School Districts
- New Richmond Office | Grace Place
- Prescott Office | Prescott Food Shelf
- River Falls Office | Our Neighbors’ Place
- Spring Valley Office | Spring Valley Food Shelf
WESTconsin Credit Union has been serving members since 1939, and membership is open to anyone who lives or works in the Wisconsin counties of Barron, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Clark, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, Sawyer, Taylor, Trempealeau, and Washburn, or the Minnesota counties of Anoka, Chisago, Dakota, Goodhue, Isanti, Ramsey, Wabasha, and Washington, with a $5 minimum deposit in a Membership Savings Account. Credit unions are financial institutions owned by their accountholders, and member funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to at least $250,000.